As part of supporting the use and porting to the FPGA testbed we provide training and training materials associated with FPGA programming and optimisation.
Upcoming training events
- Nothing currently planned
Past training events
- Introduction to FPGAs: 29th September 10:00 - 17:00
- The Centre for Advanced Research Computing at UCL will be running an introductory online workshop on programming for FPGAs and the ExCALIBUR FPGA test-bed. We assume no prior knowledge of FPGA development or hardware acceleration in general; all you need is experience with C/C++, an ssh client, and a remote desktop software (such as X2GO) to run the necessary software. We’ll give an introduction to FPGAs, how to write the CPU code that talks to them, how to write and compile FPGA code as a software developer using High Level Synthesis (HLS), and some of the optimisations that are available to you – with practical exercises for hands-on experience. So if you’re interested in taking your first steps with this technology, you can find out more and sign up with the link below!
- OneAPI workshop, Bristol, April 2022
- OneAPI workshop, Edinburgh, April 2022